Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 32- Salmon Spread

Due to an unforseen medical mishap, I had to skip another post. Oh well. Also, I feel like I'm on a salmon-kick. Oh well for that too. It's good for you. Tonight, I made a yummy salmon spread. It's delicious on crackers and makes a bunch so you can eat the leftovers for lunch all week. We like to stock up on the dry packages of Smoked Salmon from World Market. They always carry them but they go on sale around holidays and keep very well. Also, they often have $10 off of $30 coupons. Anyway, get a whole pack and use your fingers to slide the skin off. Crumble the salmon in a large tupperware bowl. Add a whole slab of cream cheese (none of that fat-free nonsense, you will greatly sacrifice taste!) Dice up 1/2 a medium-sized red onion as finely as you can and add it. Then add a few spoonfuls of capers from a jar. Smush it all together with a large fork. Spread it on some crackers and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm this sounds so good, esp since most pre-made dips & spreads are so expensive! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I was thinking of doing my own cleaning products too since they are so so so expensive here - marked up 5x what they are in the US. I totally want to cloth diaper too - I've heard good things about it!
    xoxo
    Cat

    ReplyDelete